Changes in EPUB:
- Replaced Cover
- Removed Back Image
- Replaced with latest LVMI banner (bloated the EPUB by ~100 KBs)
- Added eISBN
- Removed Fonts (bloated the EPUB by ~738 KB)
- I also tossed out all references to Times New Roman.
- GIF -> PNG -> compressed (177 KBs -> 145 KBs)
- Footnotes to the [##] format
- Footnotes sections separated by hr tag now.
- Removed empty spans.
- Swapped copyright statement from:
All rights reserved under International and Pan-American Copyright Conventions. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopy, recording, or any information storage and retrieval system, without prior permission in writing from the publisher. All inquiries should be addressed to the Ludwig von Mises Institute, 518 West Magnolia Avenue, Auburn, Alabama 36832; or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
to a CC 3.0:
Published under the Creative Commons Attribution License 3.0. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
- Floating images to the right
Old EPUB: http://www.imagebam.com/image/27d02c276307621
New EPUB: http://www.imagebam.com/image/6d456c276507306
Old ADE: http://www.imagebam.com/image/f40010276307625
New ADE: http://www.imagebam.com/image/0a03ae276307618
- New Images
Chapter 7 Before: http://www.imagebam.com/image/323829276507310
Chapter 7 After: http://www.imagebam.com/image/c817e6276507307
Chapter 8 Before: http://www.imagebam.com/image/5ee84e276507314
Chapter 8 After: http://www.imagebam.com/image/f1aafa276507313
Chapter 9 Before: http://www.imagebam.com/image/07ea37276507321
Chapter 9 After: http://www.imagebam.com/image/fdb34e276507317
- Changed Headings to smallcaps instead of the ugly code. (Much cleaner for the long-run).
- Changed first words in chapter from ALL CAPS -> smallcaps.
- Few spelling and italic mistakes.
- Fixed some spacing errors.
- "F. A." changed to "F.A." to match the way abbreviations were used throughout the rest of the book.
- Fixed lots of indentation mistakes in the Index.
Page 137: par. 0: final quotation missing closing quote.
The rise in standards of living are accompanied by an "increased proportion of workers in the higher occupations" implying "a further rise in the average condition of the masses" proving that "the diffused advantages of progress mean relatively more to the masses than to the rich.37
Page 138: par. 0: final quotation missing closing quote.
"The state regulates and limits," according to Fetter, with "its aim to preserve the benefits of competition without its evils, to lift the competition to a higher plane, and ... to give a higher and truer economic freedom.40
Page 189: Footnote 27: Hayek
For Hayeks I and II, see T.W. Hutchison, "Austrians on Philosophy and Method (since Menger)," in idem, The Politics and Philosophy of Economics: Marxians, Keynesians, and Austrians [...]
Page 258: Index: "U" is missing a space between the sections.